1. I understand and assume all risks of injury to my person which may occur while competing in the Pikes Peak Ascent and/or the Pikes Peak Marathon put on by Pikes Peak Marathon, Inc. and/or the Pikes Peak Road Runners, and I, for myself and for my heirs, executor, administrator, personal representative, and assigns, do hereby forever waive and release all rights and claims for direct or indirect damages or losses, whether monetary or otherwise compensatory which I may have against any and all individuals, and indemnify them for all claims, damages, judgments, costs of whatever nature and form.
2. I am advised that the following are some but not all of the special conditions and factors which may be encountered in the Pikes Peak Ascent and/or Pikes Peak Marathon and that there may be other hazards: Course elevations are from more than 6000 feet to more than 14,000 feet above mean sea level with attendant low humidity and variable, extreme, and rapid temperature changes. In general, the weather should be considered variable with rapid and potentially extreme temperature changes, precipitation and wind. The temperature may vary form 50 to 80 F in Manitou Springs to 30 F and colder above tree line with high winds and the possibility of severe storms accompanied by rain, snow, or ice showers (particularly above tree line). Ultraviolet radiation exposure should be considered as extreme. Most of the course uses the Barr Trail beginning at the west end of Manitou Springs and continuing to the summit of Pikes Peak. The trail is not paved and the footpath surface may be dirt, gravel, or rocks, with
abrupt elevation changes, sharp turns, and steep grades. Ice or snow may be encountered on the footpath. The initial 1.25 miles of the courses are on paved streets; there may be gravel on pavement. The final 0.8 miles of the Marathon also are on paved streets with vehicular traffic. Because of the inaccessibility of most portions of the course to motorized vehicles there may be delays in providing emergency medical assistance. Transport off the mountain for the PP Ascent participants involves motor vehicles with attendant hazardous road conditions, mechanical failure, or accident.
3. I attest that I am in good physical condition and mentally capable of participating in the race for which I am registering and that any and all questions about the race, including but not limited to the dangers of participating in said event, have been satisfactorily answered. I also acknowledge that should I require transport to a medical facility that I must pay for such transportation and any treatment provided. I further agree to abide by requests of race officials on matters concerning race operations.
4. I hereby grant full permission to any and all of the foregoing, whether named or unnamed entities, to use my name, picture, or likeness on any media or form and any other record of my participating in any or all events for any publicity and/or promotional purpose(s) without obligation to me or my successors, assigns, et all., or liability by the publisher or promoter. I understand my name and address may be provided to sponsors for the purpose of product promotion and marketing.
5. I have read this entry form and certify my understanding of and compliance with such by my on-line entry registration.
6. Conduct on my part which a Race Director deems un-sportsmanlike will be grounds for immediate disqualification and denial of further participation in that and subsequent races organized by Pikes Peak Marathon, Inc.
7. I agree not to bring or otherwise have animals on the course.
8. I understand that the race entry fees paid by or for me are non-refundable unless entry is refused by the registrar. The non-refund policy also applies to any cancellation or the race for weather or other circumstances.
9. I understand that providing false personal information on my age is grounds for disqualification and being barred from future PPM races.
10. I agree to comply with the rules and regulations of the race(s).
11. I agree not to give, sell, assign or otherwise transfer or convey my official race number to any other person(s).
12. I understand that I am subject to drug testing pursuant to USDA standards and procedures, and I acknowledge this notification and my willingness to be so tested.