Prize Money and Awards
Prize money has been decreased in 2020 due to the impact that COVID-19 had on the corporate sponsorship dollars received by the event. We appreciate your understanding.
- 1st - 5th male and female receive prize money and award/trophy
- 1st place male and female = $1,500 each
- 2nd place male and female = $1,000 each
- 3rd place male and female = $750 each
- 4th place male and female = $500 each
- 5th place male and female = $250 each
- 1st receives a lifetime comp entry into either the Ascent or Marathon
- 2nd - 5th receive a comp entry into either race the following year
- 1st - 3rd receive an award/trophy
- 1st receives a half-priced entry into either the Ascent or Marathon the following year
- 1st - 3rd receive a certificate by mail, after the event
- 1st receives a half-priced entry into either the Ascent or Marathon the following yea
Age-groups are 16-19 and then 5-year increments (20-24, 25-29, etc)
Bonuses and Bounties:
In addition to the awards listed above, various bonuses and bounties have been established for runners who set a new course record. (See table)
Precedence of Awards:
Precedence of awards will be Overall, Masters and then Age-group. Masters awards will be adjusted for Overall award winners. Age-group awards will be adjusted for Overall & Masters award winners.
Due to COVID-19, one of the conditions of holding our race is that we must eliminate any ‘gatherings’ before and after the event, including the awards ceremony. Instead, we will ask potential award winners to stop by the awards booth in the recovery area to confirm their results and, if appropriate, receive their award. Photographs will be taken.
Runners receiving an age group certificate are asked to stop by the awards booth and confirm their mailing address and preferred name for the certificate.
We, like you, look forward to the return of a real awards ceremony in 2021.
Awards No Shows:
Top 5 Overall and top 3 Masters must check in at the awards booth to receive their awards. Those that do not stop by may either pick up the award at the Pikes Peak Marathon office or have it mailed to them for $20.
© Pikes Peak Marathon